Nobody can deny the importance of having a website for successful promotion of product and services. There is no doubt that internet has proved as a boon for business. Business and Company owners are aware of the advantage of marketing their business online through website.
Creating a website for your business and company can be done in two ways. The first option is - You can build your website on a free hosting services such as Google Pages, WordPress, etc. This is a good option if you don't have any money to invest in web hosting services and if you are not worried about your site getting disappeared from the internet. However, I would not recommend you to use free hosting services for your business or company.
Free hosting services are not reliable. It has limited webpage space and no or less technical support. There is no way that you can add extra features such as forum, chat, etc. You might be tempted to host your site for free but let me tell you, it is better to wait and save some money than build your site on free host. The worst part, you have long Website URL Address which is not only hard to remember but it also looks unprofessional. Therefore, a much better solution is to buy your own domain name and own hosting account.
The Advantages of Owning Your Own Website :
1. You can have your own domain.com. No more long URL addresses.
2. You have complete control over your site.
3. No more pop-up ads and banners.
4. It looks professional.
5. No more limited storage space and bandwidth.
6. You can have your own branded email address i.e. email@example.com.
7. Advantage of Technical Support.
8. You can add extra features like chat room, forum, etc.
9. Flexibility and functionality.
10. Easier to get listed in popular search engines like Bing, Google, etc.
11. Nobody can block your site access.(Such as in Blogger.com)
12. There is no risk of site disappearance.
Note : Don't be tempted to create a free website just because they are for free.