Like everyone has a name, a address to reach, a email address or a mobile number to contact, today we also see a growing trend to have a own website to share our existence on the web.
Do you own a business of any kind and want to popularise it or attract customers?
But then the tough question is how do I start?
We bring to you a systematic guide to start from the scratch and build your own website.
Two Steps to Create Your Own Website :
1. Register your Domain Name. (Domain Name is the address of your website). Search for a domain name that you want as your www address.
2. Purchase a hosting space online where all your site resources will reside.
1st Step :
Get Your Domain Name : What is a Domain Name? Well, domain name is nothing but an internet website address. For example, the domain name of the website you're in right now is "myworldmysite.com". A good domain name is important for any business. Having a registered domain name with a live website can help promote your business.
NOTE : Your domain name must be easy to remember and to spell. It should be directly related to either your business name/brand or related to keywords from your industry or according to your niche. To get a domain name, you need to register through a domain name registrar.
LIST OF TWO POPULAR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRARS :
Start Checking for a Domain Name and Hosting Space from one of these Popular and Renowned Providers.
As the world’s #1 domain name registrar, GoDaddy.com offers everything your visitors need to create their own Web presence, all for up to 70% less!
Register.com is one of the leading providers of domain name registration and Internet services to small businesses.
2nd Step :
Now that you have a domain name, you will need to transfer it to your web hosting account, but what is "Web Hosting"? Well, web hosting refers to a service that makes your website available to users anywhere in the world.
Price is always a factor when looking out for a good web hosts. There are thousands and thousands of web hosting companies available online with different types of plans and prices. However, there are certain most basic common features that one must look into and consider before choosing a web hosting account. For example : Server Type, Disk Space, Bandh Width along with the following required services such as :
- 24/7 support
- FTP, sFTP, SSH support so that you can update your website remotely and securely
- A number of email accounts i.e. yourName@yourDomain.com
- Online control panel inorder to manage your website
- Online traffic statistics so that you can view how much traffic your website is receiving
- Secure hosting so that your site is not easily hacked
- A robust database management system such as MySQL or MS SQL for Experienced Users
- Should provide server side scripting language support such as PHP, .net, Ruby, Python
- For a specialized server application software such as ColdFusion, CGI, FastCGI, check with your web hosting provider (Experienced Users)
- Should provide ready to install applications such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla and other popular packages
Sign up for a World's No.1 Web Hosting Account!